Everyone loves a muffin. With a yummy icing drizzle on top these muffins will keep the kids busy in the kitchen and provide happy tummies all round once they’ve finished.”Makes 12 cupcake sized muffins 30 - 40 minutes Piece of cake
- Preheat oven on Fan Forced to 180℃. Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a mixing jug whisk together the maple syrup, milk, egg, oil and yoghurt. Mix in the grated carrot and orange zest until very well combined.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Use a hand whisk to mix well and remove any lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold together until just combined. Keep it lumpy and don’t overmix.
- Spoon or scoop the mixture into the paper cases, keeping them evenly sized.*
- Bake on a shelf in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until they are risen, golden brown and spring back when pressed in the centre.
- Remove and cool in the tray, on a cake rack, for 5-10 mins. Remove and allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze combine the icing sugar with just enough orange juice to make a sticky paste. Dollop the glaze onto the middle of the cooled muffins and allow it to drip down the sides. Dust with a little extra cinnamon.
*using an old fashioned ice cream scoop can help to keep your muffins an even size.
Recipe made with love by Sally Lukey from Sweetpea Cuisine.